Monday, September 19, 2005

turon


When a turon does not have langka inside, does it deserve to be called a turon? I wonder.

I just thought about it this afternoon when an officemate offered to buy me one from jolly jeep. I was so excited since I have been craving for it for a month now. It was disappointing. At first I thought, the langka was just probably in the middle part of the turon. But I couldn’t smell it, the langka I mean. Often times when I eat turon, the smell of langka overwhelms the entire snack. So I knew for sure that there was no langka in it. True enough, to the last bite, there was no site of jackfruit.

Iba-ibang tao, iba-ibang hilig - - - Trina, my ex-officemate and goodfriend, would have loved the turon I ate this PM. She doesn’t eat langka kasi but she likes banana. A good jesuit friend just shared to me that he doesn’t like his langka with anything else. He likes it just by itself but when combined with others, he doesn’t like it anymore.

I think turon without jackfruit in it does not deserve to be called Turon. It’s just banana wrapped (in lumpia wrapper I think) with sugar coating. That’s it!

6 Comments:

At 8:06 PM, September 21, 2005 , Blogger Lightheaded said...

you're making me crave for turon. baaaad.

 
At 8:34 PM, September 21, 2005 , Blogger pol said...

methinks the essence of turon is the banana inside it. the langka, to me, is just a bonus.:)

 
At 12:50 PM, September 22, 2005 , Blogger kangirl said...

te may8-you can't eat turon, it has too much sugar. it'll ruin your diet (which i imposed,hahaha).

ate pi-i know, because you are a banana person.hehehe.goodluck with defense tom! hope i, we can watch a movie soon-haven't seen one in a looong time. sa Metro east para may banana na.:)

 
At 10:25 PM, September 23, 2005 , Blogger three stars and a sun said...

turon with langka is turon...with...langka. turon is simply banana wrapped in lumpia then fried.

hehe, kulit.

by the way, just had one for merienda earlier.

hey your cd's ready na, where do i send it?

 
At 9:14 PM, September 24, 2005 , Blogger kangirl said...

3stars - san ka nagturon, kay ate cora?may langka kaya yung turon niya.bakit kinain mo,thought u didn't like your langka with anything else?:)
no need to send CD's, i'll get it nextwk.I'll text u na lang.thanks very much.

 
At 9:32 PM, October 04, 2005 , Blogger three stars and a sun said...

no langka, our kitchen staff made it:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home