Saturday, September 03, 2005

Shifting Gears

I have so much to do. Today is a Saturday but I’m supposed to be writing an article on the activities of the foundation I work for. The article is for the company’s internal magazine. It is to serve as a report to the employees on where their money is going and how the company is continuously heeding the call for corporate social responsibility.

I’m so uninspired. I can’t write. The pressure that I actually asked for an extension on the deadline, which was supposed to be yesterday, is not even working because my mind just doesn’t respond.

Instead my mind wanders about the recent developments in my “career.” I never thought I’ll have a job as short lived as this one. Less than 2 months! I resigned after 3 weeks and it’s actually the 30-days notice in my contract that makes me last here longer. To other people, it seems it’s too short of a time to make such a huge decision. Did I really think about it already? Well I did. I thought about the decision to resign long and hard. And I prayed about it too.

Because driving is one of my regular activities these days, I’d like to compare the change to that when one shifts gear. (I know, I know. My friends who usually ride with me will comment that I drive an automatic! But I did learn how to drive in manual stainless jeep and I still can drive a manual car.) In as much as one needs to be attentive to the speed and sound of the engine to know if its time to change gear, the shift must be quick as well. When you hear it and you feel it, you have to step on that clutch pedal and move the stick to the appropriate gear. That’s how fast it’s supposed to be. When you know it’s time to change, you better hit it or else your engine might die on you or you’ll create long term damages to your car.

Deciding to resign 3 weeks after working for this foundation was quick. But the thought I put into it and listening to what both my heart and mind was telling me about it, was like being a good driver who knew it was time to change gear. Because if not, my passion to work might just die on me or I’ll create long term damages in my life.

Then, I continue to cruise along this road they call - life.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
look closely, you'll see TOLITS! my new baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home