Saturday, August 27, 2005

Like a Scary Movie

The sight of traffic jam in EDSA has been one of the most frightening scenes in my present life. Ok, frightening is an exaggeration, but traffic jam just really isn't my thing.

It has been 4weeks since I started "working" in Makati and the way to and from has been stressful each day. It's a battle with these darn busses who just can't stay on their freaking yellow/public lane, and with those laidback (although most of the time I think they better be preferred to as "stupid") drivers who wish to let all cars pass them by, not concerned about the fact that we've been stuck in traffic for an hour already. Hello!? These drivers obviously can't get the meaning of "morning rush," some people need to get to work on time you know! And did I mention those bicycles and motorcycles who come flying by out of nowhere? Seriously, they really should be banned at EDSA, takaw aksidente sila, SUPER.Accidents waiting to happen ang mga drama nila.

The scene at 7AM and at 6PM in EDSA is really like a scene from a scary film. You raise similar questions to what a protagonist in a thriller flick would ask. You ask – How on earth am I going to get out of this dreadful situation? What did I do that was so wrong that I am caught in this scene? Why me? Oh Lord, can you please help me, I just want to get home? --- on a personal level, I've asked myself these – Why can't the nagaraya commercial (where you eat a single nagaraya while you drive and you can skip cars) be true? Why is the MRT station so far from my house? Where did all these cars come from? What the hell am I doing working in Makati? Do I desperately need to get a new job based back home in Davao or what?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home