Sunday, September 11, 2005

1 down, 2 to go

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
PhilamVols at the site! (Sir Jess wearing a vest)
(I realized I didn't have a single picture of me in this build, too bad.)
Some parts of my body are aching. . . I forgot to stretch before the GK build I organized yesterday for Philam Group Employees.

It was an early start for a Saturday but it was good drive to Makati. It was a fast drive. I was running 100 in EDSA. (I wonder when will that ever happen on a usual workday?)

Anyway, it was a great, successful build. It was fun too. 30 vols from the different affiliates of Philam group enthusiastically heeded the challenge of painting, landscaping and hauling in the Philam village in Sitio Ruby, East Fairview.

It was great to see 3 members of the senior mancom (atty.ortega, mr. sotelo and mr. hofilena) stretch their muscles for a whole day. Sir Jess Hofilena in particular, also Philam Foundation’s President, was one of the best workers in the team. Not once did I hear him complain (not even jokingly) and was always on the go when I would ask for the male volunteers to do this or that. He was game for anything. And did I mention he drove one of the vans that took all the volunteers to the site? Well he did and to top it all, he treated everyone to pizza after the build. Talk about a great President at work.

The build yesterday was the first of the 3 builds I’m organizing for Philam Foundation. The next one, next weekend will be in Bulalacao, Oriental Mindoro and the other will be on the 24th at Sitio Ruby again for another set of volunteers. I just wish the next builds will be as successful as the one yesterday – with the weather cooperating and with people really working.

3 Comments:

At 12:23 AM, September 14, 2005 , Blogger Elyse said...

Hey Kang! So GREAT to hear from you! Amazing how you found my blog! Si Bro. Terence lang naman ang jesuit na alam kong may blog link ko. Anyway, Naguiguilty parin ako sayo pagnaiisip ko what I got JVP through. hehe.But God did turn adversity into great things naman:) Wala akong masabi. Nakakahawa ang iyong zest for service:) Just by reading blog. hehe. Hope we could chat again soon:) Ingat!

 
At 9:58 PM, September 14, 2005 , Blogger pol said...

I'm glad to learn that your 1st GK build turned out really well. Seems like you really are making the most out of your remaining time w/ the foundation. Great going, girl!

So, how did your speech go? I hope the computer didn't give you any more trouble. Hehe. Kasalan ko yata yon 'coz I was texting you while you were making your speech. Buti na lang may "Auto-Recover" function ang MS Word.:)

Anyways, will really miss you at the ADMU-DLSU game tomorrow.:( Pero sige, magpaka-working girl ka na muna.:) Next time na tayo magliwaliw, when you're not in working-girl mode anymore. Hehehe.

 
At 12:49 PM, September 15, 2005 , Blogger kangirl said...

Elyse - it was also great to see you din, i think, yeah from terrence's blog. wag ka na sanang maguilty when you hear JVP or you see JVPs you know... we've never been selfish of people. SERVICE can be done in many places, in many ways. But if the call for JVP knocks on you again, you know it is still there waiting for you. Hope to see you soon!

MommyPi - I still wish I'm with you now sa game. shucks! Ate Trina being able to join you now added to my sadness. My mindset is on not working na pa naman ds pm, oh well..Dino(Atenean officemate) is on his way to Araneta now, looking at the possibility of getting tickets for us. I didn't want to go kasi if not sure..I have so much work but I'd rather cheer..hahaha

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home