Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Why I hate driving in Metro Manila

Written January 8, 2007


Wasn’t even back in Manila for 24 hours and I was already cursing darn C5 Road and EDSA and was missing Davao so much. It took me 3 freaking hours - 3 hours to get to Makati from the Katipunan area last January 5! I understand that Fridays can be so busy for the Makati area but to me 3 hours wasted just can’t be justified by anything.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

this was my darn view for like 2hours!

Agot’s Bossa CD accompanied me during the ordeal of having to see mere cars in my midst. Christina Aguilera was there too but I didn’t really enjoy her new CD that much. I didn’t try to listen to any FM radio as I might hear traffic advisory and would just end up cursing the radio because I’ve always believed that those advisories are useless. The traffic situation in the metro hasn’t really changed. I know for a fact that during rush hours traffic is terrible in Cubao, in the bottleneck of Kamuning and also in the areas of EDSA-Buendia-Ayala roads. I know that public transportation is difficult in Espana and there is slow movement of cars in Quiapo and the Manila-Quezon City rotonda. Those traffic correspondents are useless; we really don’t need to hear over and over again that it’ll take us forever to get to our desired destination. Do they know that they don’t exactly help our already irritated and tired feet? Just play the darn song already so we can forget we are stuck in traffic. We’d really rather hear some cheesy song by an unknown band than hear your traffic advisory delivered in your fake American accent (The fake accent is a different story, I shall talk about that some other time).


This traffic situation in metro manila is one of the biggest reasons why I’m having doubts reconsidering working here again. I mean, I’m technically jobless, trying to assess what I really want to do in my life and this whole taking hours to get to a certain destination in manila is such a negative thing in my list of pros and cons of working in Manila.


Somebody help me think! Somebody help me get a good job in Davao with good medical benefits! What’s a good job for me? Oh, I have to answer that question right. Shit! I don’t have an answer. Can we just stick to helping me find a job in Davao with good medical benefits, that will enough for me for now?... I think.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home